One of my favourite greens is Basale soppu or Malabar spinach. Like many greens it is good source of iron. Over and above that, it is also high in Vitamin A & C and also in iron and calcium. Knowing all of this, aren’t you keen to make this spinach raita recipe at home?
Here is a recipe that my friend Mangalam shared. It has two ingredients which I absolutely lov: curd and garlic. Yum!
Basale soppu (Vine spinach) Raita
1. Wash the leaves thoroughly and chop it finely.
2. Cook / blanch the leaves and set aside.
3. Grind coconut, jeera and chillies to a fine paste.
4. In a vessel take oil, add the garlic and saute till it the garlic is cooked and it has a light golden colour.
5. In a serving bowl, mix the cooked leaves, salt, coconut mixture and curd.
6. Add the tempering and mix well.
7. This raita goes well with rice and rotis.